When a cat has first started reaching the point of unhealthy weight gain, often the body adjusts and the weight gain stops there, but it can also lead to further unhealthy weight gain. It's important to act decisively at the first signs of unhealthy weight gain to prevent it from escalating to a health risk. To prevent unhealthy weight gain, cats need plenty of exercises and an adjusted diet with moderate calorie-content.
- Helps limit weight gain from 1 - 7 years
- The recipe for Royal Canin Light Weight Care is rich in fibers and psyllium - your pet feels full sooner and takes a proven 17% less calories
- The increased protein content (40%) supports muscle retention
- L-carnitine activates the body's own fat reserves
- Proven effectiveness when feeding only Royal Canin Light Weight Care dry cat food
- Special formula for supporting the urinary functions of adult cats (pH-value: 6-6.6)
Chicken meal, corn gluten meal, corn, wheat gluten, pea fiber, natural chicken flavor, rice hulls, brown rice, chicken, chicken fat, dried beet pulp (sugar removed), dried brewers yeast, calcium sulfate, sodium silico aluminate, anchovy oil (source of EPA/DHA), salt, ground psyllium husk, fructo-oligosaccharides, potassium chloride, soya oil, dried egg product, sodium tripolyphosphate, choline chloride, taurine, DL-methionine, Vitamins [DL-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), niacin supplement, biotin, riboflavin (vitamin B2) supplement, D-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin A acetate, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], L-Carnitine, tea (green tea extract), Trace Minerals [zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, copper proteinate, calcium iodate, sodium selenite], preserved with natural mixed tocopherols (source of vitamin E) and citric acid, rosemary extract.
- Protein – 37.0%
- Fat Content – 9.0%
- Crude Fiber – 12.0%
- Moisture – 8.0%
Calorie Content: This diet contains 3213 kilocalories of metabolizable energy (ME) per kilogram or 276 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis (calculated)
|Cat's weight||Ideal weight||Overweight|